Sunday, July 15, 2012

Avocado Omelet with Tomato

I just ate the most delicious and quick breakfast - hey, if it is the first meal of the day, regardless of the time, it IS breakfast!  I ate it all just now, so no photo.  :(

I need to go grocery shopping, but I had half an avocado and some egg whites calling my name!

Cut up a hot pepper and some green onions, saute in a small frying or omelet pan with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle of kosher salt.  Once soft, pour in egg whites.  I used 3 Tbsp.  Cook until set, flipping once.  This is maybe 1-2 minutes.  If you are an omelet connoisseur, feel free to push your egg whites around the pan.

Top with sliced avocado and fresh sliced tomato.  Salt and pepper, to taste.

That is it!  It cooks up fast when you are hungry and your mouth will thank you!  Post photos if you try it, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!